The Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Performance Practices (CIR) at the College of Arts, Celtic Studies and Social Sciences (CACSSS) and Drama and Theatre Studies, School of Music and Theatre, University College Cork, Ireland In Collaboration with the Cork Midsummer Festival, 2015 present
Perforum: A Conference on Research and Practice in the Creative Arts
Saturday 20th June 2015
Drama and Theatre Studiesat the School of Music and Theatre UCC is pleased to announce a one-day conference, open to post-graduate students, scholars, and practitioners with an interest in investigating their research questions through practice, on Saturday 20th June, 2015
Confirmed Keynote Speaker: Prof. Richard Gough, Artistic Director of the Centre for Performance Research (CPR) and Professor of Performance Research at Falmouth University, UK.
Confirmed Workshop Leader: Joan Mills, Voice Director of the Centre for Performance Research (CPR) at Falmouth University, UK.
For more information, visit www.thecpr.org.uk.
Open Call For Papers:
We invite a variety of forms to participate, including but not limited to:
- Scholarly papers of 20-minutes’ duration
- Presentations of creative works in progress, of between 5- and 20-minutes’ duration
- Posters, exhibits, installations, etc.
- Workshop proposals
- Evening entertainment proposals
Please submit an abstract of no more than 300 words and a short biography of no more than 50 words to Jenny Rogers and Leslie Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your department if applicable, theme, and category, and any access requirements.
The deadline for proposal submission is April 2nd, 2015.
- Methodologies: as a tool for performance analysis across art forms
- Race and gender: identity, difference, percepticide, and contradiction
- Performance history: constructing narratives, adaptations
- Process: rehearsal methods, works-in-progress
- Embodied practice: choreography, listening, meditation, cultivating presence
- Intermedial practice: sound, lighting, audio/visual, interactive, objects and puppets
- Pedagogy and applied arts: teaching and learning, training
- Related topics and all aspects of research on theatre and performance will be welcome.
Selected papers may be published as part of the proceedings of this conference.
More information will be forthcoming as the conference date approaches. Please direct enquiries to conference organisers, Jenny Rogers and Leslie Burton at email@example.com
Perforum 2015 Abstract Submissions